I'm a title. Click here to edit me
Buckwheat, Banana and Kefir Breakfast Hotcakes
You will need:
2 tbsp buckwheat flour
3/4 cup of rice flour
1 cup of kefir (or you can use plain biodynamic/organic yoghurt instead)
3 free range/organic eggs SEPARATED
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 very ripe mashed banana
1/ 2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil for Cooking them
Preferably, the night before.....
Best start the night before by soaking flours and kefir (or yoghurt) overnight at room temperature
In the morning.....
1. Separate eggs.
2. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
3. Mix egg yolks, mashed banana, tbsp maple syrup, 1/2 tsp bicarb soda with the soaked flour yoghurt batter..... If it is really, really thick, add more yoghurt.
4. Fold in, the stiffened egg whites into batter until properly mixed through.....
5. Heat your pan (med-to-high) and use extra virgin coconut oil to cook the pancakes.
6. Drop 1-2 tablespoons of batter into the heated pan until you see little bubbles forming, then flip! Make sure you don’t cook them at too high heat or the insides will not cook!
7. Serve with thinly sliced strawberries or berries or ricotta cheese or maple syrup or jam or whatever you like!!!